Effective Date: August 1, 2020
Our Privacy Policies and Practices
- The types of information we collect through our Sites and Services
- How we use and protect that information
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- The choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- Details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies
Information We Collect
We collect, use, and retain personal information that you provide when using our Sites and Services. We collect the following information from you:
- Information, such as your name, contact information, and driver’s license number, that you provide on applications and other forms;
- Your commercial information, including records of personal property, and products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, when we provide services to you;
- Your contact information and a record of any correspondence when you contact us;
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in transactions; and
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a vendor acting on our behalf.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we use payment processors when you engage in transactions related to our Sites and Services.
We also collect the following information about you from other sources:
- Information about your transactions with us from the insurance companies we contact to underwrite your insurance;
- Information we receive from the Department of Motor Vehicles;
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies; and
- Information contained in medical records or from medical professionals that is related to insurance claims.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with our Sites and Services, certain information about your use is collected automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to and information generated in the course of your use of the Sites (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our Sites;
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence; and
- Information that you make available to us on social media platforms, such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Sites or Services, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
- Advertising: Allowing us to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our Sites, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views, and remembering your preferences.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our Services through social networking and other sites.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
|Google Analytics||Analytics||How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services|
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Sites and Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Sites and Services.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of internet-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to process your requests, transactions, and payments; obtain quotations for insurance or other insurance or financial industry services; maintain or service your account or insurance, including by reporting claims of loss to outside entities, such as insurance carriers and adjusters; and to make reports to credit bureaus;
- To understand how our Sites and Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements;
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including improving and optimizing our Sites and Services, understanding our customer base, and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, including to screen orders for potential risk or fraud, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services; and
- To provide you with information or advertising related to our products and Services, including targeted advertisements and marketing communications.
However, in order for us to process or service your insurance transactions, you must necessarily share with us certain personal information about you. The only information we may collect about you is that information we receive from you on your applications or other forms.
How We Share Your Information
- Group Policyholders: We share information with group policyholders for the purpose of reporting claims experiences or conducting audits of our operations or services.
- Insurance Institutions, Agents, or Credit Reporting Agencies: We share information with other insurance institutions, agents, and credit reporting agencies in order to provide a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you or to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction.
- Medical Care Institutions or Medical Professionals: We share information with medical care institutions and medical care professionals in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment.
- Insurance Regulatory Authorities: We share information with insurance regulatory authorities, law enforcement, or other governmental authorities in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
- Outside Vendors: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf: payment processing firms; billing and collection providers; auditing and accounting firms; professional services consultants; analytics services providers; customer survey vendors; IT vendors, including security and email vendors; and website hosting services and accessibility services.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations: We also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or on the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our sites; protect and defend our rights or property, the websites or our users; or act to protect the personal safety of us, users of our websites, or the public.
- Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization:We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Our Sites and Services are intended for users age thirteen and over. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will delete that information.
How We Secure Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through our Sites and Services. While we use precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California have the right to request information from Besnard Insurance regarding other companies to which we have disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. At this time, we do not provide your information to outside companies for those companies’ direct marketing purposes.
Users Outside the United States
If you use our Sites and Services outside the United States, you understand that we collect, process, and store your information in the United States. The laws in the United States regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your jurisdiction. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Sites and Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data, where permitted by law.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. We do not sell your information at this time.
3000 Bayport Drive, Suite 400
Tampa, FL 33607